Artist development company
& music studio in Venice, CA
 

Culture

R.I.P.: Remembering Prince A Year After Our Loss

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year since we unexpectedly lost the one and only Prince.  On April 21, 2016, Prince Rogers Nelson was found in his elevator unresponsive at 9:43 A.M. and had seemingly overdosed on opiates. What the police did not know until much later following the rock star’s death was that the Hydrocodone that Prince thought he was taking was actually synthetic Fentanyl, an opiate that is said to be 30-50 times stronger than heroin.

CNN reported that the mislabeling of the drugs is still under investigation and has potential to find the pharmacy responsible for this dangerous and unfortunate mistake. Regardless of the reasons, we lost one of the most beautifully outspoken minds and voices of the generation way too soon.

To pay tribute to one of the greatest voices, personalities, and energies that rock will ever see, enjoy this extremely rare “Purple Rain” demo of the always incredible Prince.

 

Sign In